ABOUT LIFEGOESON PORTAL
The Objective of this website, is to make Senior citizens’ enjoy their “Silver innings” with the emphasis on living the life fully and grow old gracefully!
Its focus is to maintain Seniors “Retired but NOT tired” as long as possible believing in the statement made by James A. Garfield: “If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should not grow old.”
Target audience for this portal are Senior Citizens of Indian origin, their relatives and friends all over the world, the retired defence and central government employee
Every effort is being made for making this Website authentic, timely updated and very useful for Just Older Youth (JOY).
- How to start your post retirement innings?
- The Important information for Pensioners in the form of a Booklet.
- What information needs to be recorded for the use of Spouse /NOK.
- Financial management.
- Opportunities for Re-employment.
- Social service to pay back to the society.
- Health Care
- How to enjoy retired life fully and age gracefully?
- Hobbies one can pursue.
- Preventing loneliness.
- Health care.
- Developing new skills.
- The services and benefits and concessions provided for Sr. Citizens by Central, State, local Municipal bodies. The services and benefits provided by PSUs and Private Organisations.
- The information on hospitals, Retirement homes, Hostels, Day care centres, special gadgets and accessories for Sr Citizens etc,
- Provide the latest on Healthcare, Old age homes, useful accessories and gadgets etc.
Specific to Defence and Civil Retirees and Pensioners
- Provide the latest information on Govt Rules on Pension.
- Provide information on ECHS, CGHS facilities, empanelled hospitals, medical reimbursement process etc.
- The INCS, CSD canteen services updates.
This is a “not for profit website”. The advertisements for products and services useful to senior citizens are free.
About the Author
Capt Haridas is 78-years young Naval veteran. He is retired but not tired and believes that retirement is only a lifestyle change, and life must go on and on.
Post retirement, he has been actively involved in social work, to pay back my share, to my society with gratitude. His focus is on senior citizens-centric welfare activities. His objective has been to motivate senior citizens to live and enjoy their silver innings, fully and age gracefully.
He was part of an NGO team in manning the helplines for Sr. Citizens. This helpline tackled the, emotional, security and legal related issues of Sr citizens and also guided them to engage in hobbies that prevent old age-related problems like Dementia etc.
He was the founder secretary of a Thane based NGO which had 500 plus senior citizens as members.
Realising the necessity of digital technology knowledge in day-to-day life, and the use of social media for avoiding loneliness, he was training Sr. Citizens on computer and smart phones and commonly used Apps like email, WhatsApp, Zoom, Facebook etc.
He is a nature lover. He has done a biodiversity course with the Bombay Natural History Society. As a hobby he pursued birdwatching and photography. He is also a Marathoner.